"Words are not given to a man to conceal his thoughts" -Jose Saramago

Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Bittersweet Week....

Well...first the good part....I have RESIGNED from TCS...my last day will be the 31st of May...what a relief...IIFT wants the first payment by the 27th of April so with IIM results coming out in mid April...it seems all ok....But the biggest achievement for me was resigning on MONDAY Morning...yeah...I had this planned for God knows how long......ever since I took the CAT I dreamt of resigning on a monday mornin....for 18 bloody months the stupid day slapped me, kicked me....and dragged me to work...now it was time for revenge!!!!...so even though I got intimation abt the IIFT result in mid-week...I waited for a few days just so that I could slap Monday for a change...so it was decided..even though I had a UAT that day...and worked the previous day....I made it by 9:30 in the morning to the fort office...so that my first act of the day in office could be my resignation....sooooo sweeeet!!..well my PL wasnt so taken aback..I guess she was expecting something to happen sooner or later....so I gave her the letter and even though she said that she didnt need a copy..I insisted and gave her another signed copy....I felt like I was rubbing it in for Mr. Monday now...It felt sooooo wonderful !!!

Now for the bitter part...well, unfortunately..this week has seen me work like a freakin dog!!..2 night outs in the last four days(2day inc) and approx 60 hrs of work so far(2 consec 19 hr days)..so considering that will I be working on Saturday too..this week will most probably be the longest working week for me ever!!!...hmmm.. talk abt extremes!! what a way to start..what a way to end !!

Anyway..now just hopin for the best and looking forward to dumping work on my juniors ..hehehe....:D

5 comments:

Sumo said...

Dude, make sure ur juniors can handle the work!!! They seem totally lost to me. :D

Riaan Roving said...

hehe..yeah re..just 2 months for them yaar..2 months more..they'll be up to the mark!!..I'll see that that is done...in any case I may be available for the better part of June as well...

Firebringer said...

Hey - congratulations! Awesome! :D

Anonymous said...

Mera number kab aayega????

Riaan Roving said...

@samyak..
It will come on the 12th of this month :D