"Words are not given to a man to conceal his thoughts" -Jose Saramago

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Adios Bombay...well just for now !!!!

Wheew...its been so long since I have blogged...even though I have well...been ..."Jobless"..for the last 2-3 weeks, there have been the loose ends that i have had to tie up.....the bank work, the attestations, the last minute shopping,the reordering of all my documents, the goodbyes and the dinners that go along with them. Its been a boring(well the dinners werent boring... :D ) but not empty 20 days.....
I leave for gujjuland on the 19th....yeah just a few more days.....cant wait to walk around the Louis Kahn plaza, to spend my first day in the dorm.....
This is certainly gonna be an experience of a kind for me.....its the first time I will be away from Home for sooo long.....yeah I get to keep my room as dirty as I want :P , can sleep late...can live like a real "Bachelor".....ofcourse I will be leaving family and friends back, but its just 2 yrs...and like I said it wud be a different experience.....and ofcourse I almost forgot..WIMWI has a Bball court, tennis courts, baddy courts....TT tables(plenty of them), a football grnd and a crkt grnd.....oohhhlala !!...just one prob...acc to our seniors we wont have the time to make full use of them, yeah acc to them, the only thing for a fachcha(frst yr student at WIMWI) to do is to to "magoo". When I met them at the IIMA meet at Bombay, I was askin them how much time we wud get to play everyday....and one of them just gave me that look...u know..the one that says "You poor ignorant bugger !!!!..You are just like me one yr ago...all hopeful, all excited.....they r gonna eat u up alive.." and he just said sympathetically," Well, it depends on your time management.." I mean, seriously these guys were tellin us that they study for at least 8-9 hrs everyday.......I can understand doin it for one day when there is a lot of pressure on you...but everyday!!!!...its scarin the crap out of me !!!
All the same I am really lookin forward to the WIMWI experience keep checkin this place for info on it :P ......next post in Ahmedabad !!
Cya guys !!

7 comments:

Sumo said...

Dude, stop kidding urself!!! If u manage to actually study for 8-9 hrs per day, I shall hardly recognise u!!! Remember ILP ? Every1 used to mug for the whole day and we used to laze arnd. But we still managed to get thr, didnt we? I m not saying that this is like ILP but seriously, no course should need you to change so much!!!

Disclaimer : All opinions expressed above are purely a figment of the author's imagination and the author shall not be responsible for any discomfort caused to anyone by perusal of the same.

Samyak said...

Dude, tried calling you up. Phone's hung up all the time. Anyways, all the Best. I'm sure you'll do well. I hope WIMWI land will not change your 'Bugger' attitude.

Me will be joining JBIMS provided all formalities pass off without a glitch.

Try updating the blog once in a while. Thoroughly entertaining stuff.

Riaan Roving said...

@Sumo
hehe I know the studyin bit is scarin me too !!

@Samyak
Amazin man..u deserve it...congo !!...all the best to you and I'll meet u on ur blog and mine too !!!

darshan said...

Congrats and we will keep meeting through our blogs as well...

Firebringer said...

WIMWI - here comes another United Fan!

I seee that Vish hasn't commented yet

Sumo said...

OK...ur next post was supposed to b frm WIMWI!!! Man, u have a friggin wireless LAN there...BLOG!!!

As for Vish visiting, err...hmm...ahem!!!

Riaan Roving said...

arre sorry guys.....laps havent come as yet...so my bloggin has been put on hold....plus im busy like the others...muggin !!